Draft Curriculum released for Kindergarten to Grade 4 schools in Alberta
The province is changing curriculums for students around Alberta.
The latest draft for students from Kindergarten to grade 4 has been released more than two years after Alberta Education began putting together a new curriculum for students.
It was back in June of 2016 when the province started developing a curriculum in French and English language arts, math, social studies, along with arts and wellness education.
The education ministry has laid out timelines for the next few years for approval by the ministry
- December 2018 for Grades K-4
- December 2019 for Grades 5-8
- December 2020 for Grades 9-10 (in three subjects)
- December 2021 for Grades 9-10 (for the remaining three subjects), and Grades 11-12 (in three subjects)
- December 2022 for Grades 11-12 (the remaining three subjects)
Timelines for implementing the new curriculums have not been set.
There will be a town hall at 7 pm October 16 and 17 to discuss proposed changes. (JSL/THE ONE NEWS)