10-15 centimetres expected for much of central Alberta
4:45 AM MST Thursday 19 November 2020
Snowfall warning in effect for:
- Beaver Co. near Holden and Ryley
- Beaver Co. near Tofield
- Camrose Co. near Bawlf and Rosalind
- Camrose Co. near Camrose and Bittern Lake
- Camrose Co. near Hay Lakes and Miquelon Lake Prov. Park
- Camrose Co. near New Norway Edberg and Ferintosh
- Co. of Wetaskiwin near Wetaskiwin Millet and Hwy 2
- Flagstaff Co. near Daysland Heisler and Strome
- Leduc Co. near Leduc Beaumont and Kavanagh
- Leduc Co. near New Sarepta and Rolly View
- Strathcona Co. near Ardrossan and Cooking Lake
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm continues.
An area of heavy snow moving through central Alberta will taper off through the day.
The northern extent of the heavy snow is roughly along Highway 16. Over the city of Edmonton total snowfall amounts will vary with the highest amounts falling in the south, where near 10 cm is expected by this afternoon.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.